Vaia Doudaki is Associate Professor at the Department of Media Studies of Charles University in Prague, and Assistant Professor at the Department of Communication and Internet Studies, in Cyprus University of Technology. Her research focuses on the study of media, conflict and crisis, on theory and practice of newsmaking and journalism, on community and participatory media. Broadly speaking, she is interested in the study of representations, identities and discourse, within and through media.
- Carpentier, N., Doudaki, V. (2018). An Introduction to Power, Multidirectionality and Contingency: Political Struggles Over Representation, Decision-Making and Technology. Comunicazioni Sociali, Milano: Vita e Pensiero. 1: 3-8 / More information / Download full text
- Carpentier, N., Doudaki, V., Christidis, Y., Köksal, F. (2018). De-Naturalizing Antagonistic Nationalism Through An Academic Intervention: The Reception of Two Photography Exhibitions on the Memorialization of the Cyprus Problem. Comunicazioni Sociali, Milano: Vita e Pensiero. 1: 50-67 / More information / Download full text
- Doudaki, V. (2018). Discourses of Legitimation in the News: The Case of the Cypriot Bailout.I Doudaki, Vaia and Carpentier, Nico (red.) <em>Cyprus </em><em>and its Conflicts. Representations, Materialities and Cultures</em>, New York: Berghahn Books. 142-162 / More information
- Doudaki, V. (2018). Street papers as spaces of participation and inclusion.I Respublika! Seminar 3, Active Citizenship and Community Media, Limassol, Cyprus, 13 January)2018 / More information
- Doudaki, V. (2018). Heterotopias of identity in Sex and the City.Polis, 17: 5-22 / More information