University of cyprus
Articles Peer Review
- Avraamidou M., Kadianaki E., Ioannou M, & Panayiotou E., (2018) Representations of Europe at times of massive border movements: A qualitative analysis of Greek-Cypriot newspapers during the 2015 refugee crisis. Journal of the European Institute for Communication and Culture, Javnost - The Public.
- Kadianaki I., Avraamidou M., Ioannou M. & Panayiotou E., (forthcoming). Examining dialogicality in contexts of social debate: The topic of migration in the Greek-Cypriot Press. Peace and Conflict: Journal of peace psychology.
- Avraamidou M. (2017). Exploring Greek-Cypriot Media Representations of National Identities in Ethnically Divided Cyprus: The case of the Annan Plan negotiations from 2002 to 2004. National Identities.
- Avraamidou M. & Kyriakides C. (2015) Media, Nationalism and the Negotiation of Inter-Ethnic Peace in Cyprus. GMJ: Mediterranean Edition, 10 (2).
- Avraamidou M. & Psaltis, C. Blocking the solution: Representations of threats and stigmatization of alternative representations in the Greek-Cypriot Press during negotiations for a Peace settlement. Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour.
- Airaghi G. & Avraamidou M. (2017) PAX TROIKANA: The UK Media and the Symbolic Conflicts on Cyprus' 2013 “Rescue”. In Carpentier N., & Doudaki V (Eds.) Conflict and Media. The enduring conflict in Cyprus and its imaginings. Berghahn: New York.
- Milioni, D.L., Avraamidou, M. (2017) ‘It is not the time for intifada’: A framing and semiotic analysis of televised representations of the 2013 Cypriot protests. In Suman Gupta and Tao Papaioannou (Eds), Grievances, Identities and Agency: Media Representations of Anti-Austerity Protests in the EU. Routledge: New York.
- Kadianaki I., Avraamidou M., Panayiotou E. & Ioannou M. (April 2018). Lesbian, gay, bisexual and Transgender content in Greek-Cypriot newspapers: A descriptive analysis between 2011 and 2015. Nicosia, University of Cyprus.
- Avraamidou M., Kadianaki E., Ioannou M. & Panayiotou E. (January 2018). Migration in the Greek-Cypriot Press between 2011-2015: Visibility, topics, trends and the debate between pro and anti-migrant discourses. Nicosia, University of Cyprus.
- Kyriakides C., Avraamidou M., Bajjali L. (March 2012) Shaping Perceptions and Attitudes to Realize the Diversity Advantage: Intercultural Integration in the City of Limassol. Limassol, Council of Europe