Université Saint-Louis - Bruxelles
Jan Zienkowski has a long-standing research interest in the transdisciplinary field of discourse studies. His books and articles focus on issues of reflexivity, critique, discourse, politics and metapolitics and propaganda, ideology and hegemony as articulated in large-scale debates on migration, populism and neoliberalism.
He teaches several courses in communication studies at the Université Saint-Louis – Bruxelles and is a post-doc researcher at the ILC / Social Media Lab of the UCLouvain. Jan Zienkowski has organised various DiscourseNet events and is a member of the DiscourseNet Board.
- Zienkowski, J., & Breeze, R., (2019). Imagining the Peoples of Europe: populist discourses across the political spectrum (edited volume).
- Zienkowski, J. (2019). Politics and the political in critical discourse studies: state of the art and a call for an intensified focus on the metapolitical dimension of discursive practice. Critical Discourse Studies, 16(2), 131-148. https://doi.org/10.1080/17405904.2018.1535988
- Zienkowski, J. (2018). Challenging nationalist definitions of racism: critical discursive interventions in the Flemish debates on racism's relativity. Zeitschrift fuer Diskursforschung, 2018.
- Zienkowski, J., & De Cleen, B. (2017). De-legitimizing labour unions: on the metapolitical fantasies that inform discourse on striking terrorists, blackmailing the government and taking hard-working citizens hostage. Tilburg Papers in Culture Studies, 176.
- Zienkowski, J. (2017). Articulations of self and politics in activist discourse