Ilija Tomanić Trivundža
University of Ljubljana
Ilija Tomanić Trivundža (UL Group Chair) is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Media and Communication Studies and a member of Social Communication Research Centre at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia). His primary research interest spans across the field of visual communication with special focus on the social and political role of photography in contemporary mediated communication.
- (2013) National Identity, Press Photography and the Temporal Depth of News. In: I. T. Tomanić, N. Carpentier, H. Nieminen, P. Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt, R. Kilborn, E. Sundin, T. Olsson (Eds.): Past, future and change: Contemporary analysis of evolving media scapes. Ljubljana: Faculty of Social Sciences, Založba FDV, pp. 221-234.
- (2011) Dragons and arcades : towards a discursive construction of the flâneur. In: I. T. Tomanić, N. Carpentier, H. Nieminen, P. Pruulmann-Vengerfeldt, R. Kilborn, E. Sundin, T. Olsson (Eds.): Critical perspectives on the European mediasphere. Ljubljana: Faculty of Social Sciences, Založba FDV, pp. 71-81.
- (2010) Slovene film, national identity and the celluloid hegemony of the mythical post-independence time. Cultural Studies 24 (5), pp. 662-689.
- (2008) What third world? Changing photographic representation of international news in Slovene elite press (1980-2006). Westminster papers in communication and culture, 5(3), pp. 26-46.
- (2006) Many voices, one picture : Photographic coverage of foreign news in Slovenian daily press (1980, 2004) Javnost 13 (2), pp. 21-40.
- (2004) Orientalism as news: pictorial representations of the US attack on Iraq in Delo. Journalism 5 (4), pp. 480-499.